Sunday 23 August 2015

Up To Date.

Well, this is a first ! I am up to date with the Blog, and am going to be writing about things that have happened in the last few days/weeks, instead of playing 'catch up', and writing about things that happened several years ago.

I do appreciate those of you that read this, but I am pleased with myself as well, that I have managed to create a record for ourselves of our French adventures - with all it's trials, but rewards too.

I have been home now for nearly two months - I have been able to have the Summer here in France - although to be honest, the weather hasn't been very 'Summerish'. It has meant that I can relax a little, and enjoy my time here, without the constant thought at the back of my mind that it's nearly time to think about going back to work.

We've also been lucky enough to receive family visits. Two of our grandchildren, Charlotte and Henry came with their Mum, Becky, to stay for a few days. Last year they flew into Dinard, but the drive from there is quite long for two small children (and for us, as of course, we had to do the journey, there and back !), so this year, they flew into Brest. This was much better, and we were very excited to meet them there. In fact, Craig hadn't seen them, in the flesh, for over a year, so he was a little emotional. We watched them come off the plane, and walk across into the airport, and then along the glass walled corridor, and into the Luggage Reclaim.




We had a lovely time with them - we went to the beach a couple of times, we went to the Trembling Rock,

 to the Fair in Huelgoat,


 and visited friends with horses and goats. They fed our rabbits, and the chickens, and walked Arthur - not sure whether Arthur was very impressed, but he played along very well ! Craig enjoyed some male bonding with Henry, while the girls were baking.....


We even had a Birthday party for Charlotte, who turns 5 in September, and wanted us to go to her party. Of course, we can't, so the party came to us ! We had a barbecue, balloons, banners, and of course, a Birthday Cake. Even if it was a 'pretend birthday - you have to have a cake eh ?



All too soon, it was time for them to leave, and for the next set of visitors to arrive. Tom and Jo arrived by train into Morlaix.


They had travelled from London, to Paris, to Rennes, and were completing their trip with a short visit to us. Their time here was a lot less tiring than the visit from the grandchildren, but no less pleasant. A slight disappointment, was the fact that I developed an abscess on my tooth, and had to pay a visit to the dentist, and had three lots of antibiotics to contend with. I looked as those I had gone three rounds with Mike Tyson - my face was that swollen. Of course, I was told that it wasn't very noticeable. But I knew it was !!! Nevertheless, Tom and Jo were able to explore the area a little, we visited the market in Carhaix, and had a meal in Huelgoat to celebrate Tom's birthday. I wasn't well enough to make a cake for him this time, so we made do with lovely cakes from the Patisserie - it wasn't too much of a hardship !

Visits from family are great - but it's sad to see them go, and makes me even more determined to return to the UK to be nearer them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment